Rich Willems, Owner and Principal
An accomplished software and engineering development professional in several different industries - Aerospace, Automotive, Transit, Utilities, Library Systems and Medical - Rich has played significant management and development roles in commercializing over 50 new software and electronics products for the companies that he has worked for.
Rich began his formal software development at a company named Aero Systems Engineering writing application programs for jet engine test. He then spent five years working as a Software Consultant for Doradus Corporation, working at client sites for several different industries. (You can see a representative portfolio here.) Rich then went on to join a medical device engineering startup named Minnetronix Incorporated, and while progressing from developer to director, played a significant role in transforming the startup to a company that is now #17 on Minnesota’s Top 100 Companies list. Rich is also the holder of four patents and another is in the works.
Always possessing an entrepreneurial mindset, whether for his employers or for personal interests, Rich also personally created two commercial software products over the years and he has an app in the App Store with more to come. With that same mindset he started the consulting company you have been reading about on these pages in 2014.
Brief history …
- Minnetronix Incorporated 1997-2014 (Medical Devices)
- Private company specializing in medical device development and manufacturing
- Director of Software Development (10+ years)
- Usability Engineering Manager
- Principal Software Engineer
- Doradus Corporation 1992-1997 (Automotive, Transit, Utilities, Library Systems)
- Private contract software and electronic engineering services company
- Software Consultant
- Clients: Owatonna Tool, Northern States Gas and 3M
- Aero Systems Engineering 1979-1992 (Aerospace)
- Private full-service commercial turbofan/jet/prop and military after-burning and marine engine test company
- Senior Systems Software Engineer / Team Leader
- Applications Programmer
What to expect from Rich going forward …
- 1. Diversely-experienced strategic and technology-proficient thinking and execution
- 2. Passionate commitment to your goals